Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Low--Alan, Mimi and Zak's replacement...

There's an interview with Alan Sparhawk of Low in this week's Onion (AV Blog thing). I've been a fan since they opened for Soul Coughing way back in the day (bout 10 years ago). It's an interesting read if you're a fan, or just curious... The Zak interview from a while back was more interesting to me, but this one has its own tidbits to share. For instance:

But if you were around me earlier this year, I think it would have been really easy to look at me and go, “Wow, that guy needs to get off drugs.” [Laughs.]

I, for one, did see him earlier this year and that's pretty much verbatum my thoughts. I talked to him for a minute after the Denver show and something wasn't quite right. He seemed very nervous, sweaty, and glassy-eyed. Glad he's doing better.

Looks like they'll be playing some Christmas shows in Duluth, focusing heavily on their Christmas Album. I like that idea since that's the only Christmas album I listen to regularly (sometimes in the middle of summer even). Apparently they're trying to flesh the songs out more, even adding a choir to some of them!?!?!?!?

...going to kind of this bigger sound. It’s kind of like a Low Kathie Lee Gifford Christmas show.

Hmm...