Friday, May 20, 2005

This made me laugh

Did you hear about the guy in Tennessee or Kentucky (or some southern state) who decided not to run "Monster in Law" in his movie theaters because Jane Fonda was in it and was against the Vietnam war thirty-plus years ago? Am I the only one who thinks this is hilarious? It was the number one movie last weekend, but because of his PatriotismTM, he missed out on all that moola...

Don't get me wrong, I don't question his right to air what he sees fit in his theaters. It's his business and he can do what he wants to with it. I also hear that the movie is pretty shitty, but give the public what it wants I suppose (that's how business works, right?). What makes me laugh, though, is that over thirty years ago an actress publicly spoke out against a heinous war and the atrocities committed therein. And this True PatriotTM decided that, well, "THAT JANE FONDA MUST BE STOPPED!!!!" Yep, she's pure evil. And he seems like a total jackass.

But that's just my opinion, and one of millions.